"I felt my feet were praying."
(Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel,
writing of his march alongside Dr. King
from Selma to Montgomery in 1965)
Temple Sinai is excited to host its first members-only, civil rights trip for adults. Join us from Sunday, May 31st to Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020 for 4 days of civil rights history in Atlanta, GA and Montgomery, AL. Learn about some of our most courageous American leaders, see the Jewish connection, and leave inspired.
- Registration Dealine - January 8th
- Information Session - November 3rd at 10am
Sunday, May 31st
- Early flight from Boston to Atlanta
- Center for Civil Rights and Human Rights
Monday, June 1st
- MLK Complex, including the historic Ebenezer Baptist Church and the Kings’ graves
- The Temple in Atlanta
- Drive from Atlanta to Montogovmery by charter bus
- Rosa Parks Library and Museum in Montgomery
Tuesday, June 2nd
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Dexter Ave Church
- Dexter Parsonage Museum
Wednesday, June 3rd
- Legacy Museum
- National Memorial for Peace and Justice
- Return to Atlanta for an evening flight back to Boston
A deposit of $400 is required to secure a spot. The cost of the trip includes flights*, hotels, bus transport, and admissions to all museums and centers. Participants will be responsible for the cost of meals and tips, plus any additional purchases. (Each hotel provides breakfast.)
The total cost will depend on the number of members attending. Below you’ll find the maximum and minimum cost of the trip:
|Number of participants||Single occupancy||Two people sharing a hotel room|
*If you prefer to fly separately, the cost of your trip will be reduced by approximately $400 per person or $800 per couple.
Questions? Email Rabbi Amy Goodman, Executive Director ([email protected]) or call the Temple Office (781-784-6081).