Temple Sinai has a long and rich heritage of tzedakah, consistent with our Jewish tradition to express charity and feelings of joy and sorrow by way of monetary contribution. Such giving often occurs at lifecycle events such as birthdays, B’nai Mitzvah, weddings, anniversaries, births and deaths. We hope you too, will think of Temple Sinai during the special times in your life.
We have a variety of donation options from which to choose. Your contribution, whatever the size, is always appreciated and will help Temple Sinai sustain spiritual, cultural and educational programs for its members and the community at large. If you have any questions, please contact the temple office at 781-784-6081 or via email.
Printable Donation Form (to send with check)
Ways of Giving
- Send a check. If you would like to designate your gift for a specific fund or purpose, and/or in honor or or in memory of someone, click here for a form to include with your check.
Make your check payable to Temple Sinai and send it to:
25 Canton Street
Sharon, MA 02067
- Login to Chaverweb to make donations and/or access your account.
- Purchase a leaf in our Tree Grove. Prominently mounted on a wall in the Temple lobby, the “Generation to Generation – L’Dor V’Dor” Tree Grove has individual leaves that are available to be inscribed to commemorate or memorialize any event or person of significance in your life. Download form.
- Purchase a Yahrzeit Plaque. Prominently mounted in the Sanctuary of Temple Sinai are Yahrzeit boards containing plaques memorializing the death of loved ones. Names appearing on these boards are read from the pulpit on Yom Kippur and appear in our annual Yizkor Book. Download form.
- Volunteer. Give of your time, and you’ll get so much back in return.
Description of Temple Funds
- Adult Education & Culture Fund: To enrich the teaching of Judaism within the congregation.
- Amy Gardner Youth Enrichment Fund: To support supplemental Jewish education outside of the immediate Sharon community, the educational value of which can be shared with the community.
- Beautification Fund: To beautify, enhance, and improve the appearance and functioning of the facilities at Temple Sinai.
- Building Maintenance Fund: To help keep Temple Sinai’s facilities in good repair.
- Bulletin / Shofar Fund: To support the printing and mailing of the Temple Bulletin “Shofar”.
- Cantor Morris Gordon Choir Fund: To provide musical enrichment of the arts, especially music at Shabbat and holiday services; to support the Temple choir; to provide special music programs throughout the year; to provide scholarship aid to children of our congregation desiring to attend camps and schools with programs geared toward the arts.
- Cantor Music Enrichment Fund: To enhance cantorial music programs and supplies.
- Capital Reservice Fund: To be used to pay for major capital repairs and improvements at Temple Sinai.
- Catering Facility Fund: To maintain and improve the kitchen facilities.
- Charles Wilson Disability Fund: To help make the Temple Sinai premises more handicapped accessible.
- Eleanor Shamitz Fund for Judaic Enrichment: To advance Judaic activities and fund special needs of Temple Sinai.
- Hesed – Caring Community: To provide comfort and aid to families experiencing difficulty and loss.
- Holocaust Memorial Fund: To be used for the Yom Hashoah service and for providing programs for the Temple Sinai Religious School.
- Landscape Fund: To beautify, enhance and improve the landscaping of the Temple grounds.
- Laura P. and Myron J. Dickerman Endowment for the Sustainability of Temple Sinai: To help provide for the current and future needs of Temple Sinai.
Library Fund: To provide, maintain, and repair periodicals, books, and other literature of the library of Temple Sinai.
- Library Book Inscribed: A bookplate will be placed in a library book indicating the occasion for which it was donated and the name of the donor. (Minimum contribution $18.)
- Oneg Shabbat & Yom Tov Fund: To provide refreshments following religious services at Temple Sinai.
- Passport to Israel: To provide funds for children enrolled in the CJP/Temple Sinai Passport to Israel Program.
Prayerbook and Chumash Fund: To purchase, maintain, and repair prayerbooks and Bibles.
- Prayerbook Inscribed: A bookplate will be placed in a prayerbook indicating the occasion for which it was donated and the name of the donor. (Minimum contribution $36.)
- Chumash Inscribed: A bookplate will be placed indicating the occasion for which it was donated and the name of the donor (Minimum contribution $54.)
- Mahzor Inscribed: A bookplate will be placed in a set of High Holy Day prayer books indicating the occasion for which it was donated and the name of the donor (Minimum contribution $54.)
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: The Rabbi administers this fund, at his discretion, to benefit various activities, educational programs and charitable casues, including occational support for individuals and families in need.
- Rachel Gusman Music Fund: To foster the creation and performance of music relevant to the Jewish experience by presenting concerts and performances, by sponsoring scholarships and competitions, and by commissioning musical works.
- Religious School: To support the Jewish education of Temple Sinai’s youth and the school; to provide resources and programs to help educate children with special needs; to provide scholarships for the school and other youth enrichment opporutnities.
- Safety Security Fund: To invest in equipment and resources that will help maintain and/or improve safety and security at the temple.
- Social Action Fund: To support other charitable organizations that deal with or supply basic human needs such as food, shelter, and physical or mental health benefits.
- Technology Fund: To support the purchase and maintenance of new technology (e.g. website) at Temple Sinai.
- Torah Fund: To purchase, maintain, repair, and adorn the Torahs and other religious objects at Temple Sinai.
- Tree of Life: To commemorate or memorialize any event or person of significance in your life with an inscribed leaf ($360), boulder ($1250), or mega boulder ($1750).
- Vera & Stanley Marshall Memorial Annual Lecture Fund: To provide funds for guest speakers for the congregation.
- Youth Group Fund: To promote future leadership by helping youth group members defray costs of attending your group events.
- Youth Travel to Israel Fund: To support Temple Sinai youth travel to Israel with recognized teen groups.